Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) LinkedIn Telegram
    Trending:
    • Osun Decides: The Morning After, Postmortem for APC
    • Make the Vatican Great Again: Trump’s absurd, disrespectful Papal stunt
    • World’s Oldest Person, Inah Canabarro Lucas, Dies at 116
    • Six killed in head-on collision on Damaturu highway
    • Motorcycle rider arrested for allegedly kidnapping Three-year-old pupil in Delta
    • US places 124 Nigerians on deportation list over alleged criminal convictions
    • Peller recounts four-day detention, said he went without food, bath
    • Woman recalls shock of giving birth while asleep during labour
    • Columns
    • Editorials
    • Videos
    Facebook X (Twitter)
    Naija Daily NewsNaija Daily News
    Subscribe
    Aug 19, 2026
    • Home
    • Politics
    • World
      1. Africa
      2. US News
      3. View All

      Nigerians stranded in S’Africa as repatriation delays trigger humanitarian concerns

      August 3, 2026

      Eight students arrested over deadly Kenya school fire

      May 29, 2026

      Several girls feared dead as fire guts Kenyan boarding school

      August 3, 2026

      WHO declares Ebola outbreak in DR Congo, Uganda

      May 17, 2026

      Gunman killed after opening fire near white house, bystander injured

      May 24, 2026

      Jury begins deliberations in Alison-Madueke bribery trial in London

      May 18, 2026

      Trump announces killing of ISIS deputy in joint U.S.-Nigeria operation

      May 16, 2026

      Nigerian Prof jailed five years in US over $1.4m fraud

      May 14, 2026

      Make the Vatican Great Again: Trump’s absurd, disrespectful Papal stunt

      August 19, 2026

      World’s Oldest Person, Inah Canabarro Lucas, Dies at 116

      August 19, 2026

      US places 124 Nigerians on deportation list over alleged criminal convictions

      August 19, 2026

      Woman recalls shock of giving birth while asleep during labour

      August 19, 2026
    • Business
      1. The Technocrat
      2. View All

      CBN warns against rejecting standard N100 banknote

      August 19, 2026

      Petrol price may fall below N800/litre, marketers tell FG

      August 19, 2026

      Tony Elumelu to Retire as UBA Group Chairman; Emmanuel Nnorom Named Successor

      August 13, 2026

      Tony Elumelu to retire as UBA group chairman, Emmanuel Nnorom named successor

      July 6, 2026
    • Entertainment
    • Education
    • Metro
    • Sports
    Naija Daily NewsNaija Daily News
    Home → World → Relief as Israel’s ‘Minor’ Iran Revenge Attacks Ease Tension
    Relief as Israel’s ‘Minor’ Iran Revenge Attacks Ease Tension
    06 August 2022, Israel, Sderot: The Iron Dome anti-missile system fires an interceptor missile as rockets are launched from Gaza towards Israel. Photo by: Ilia Yefimovich/picture-alliance/dpa/AP Images

    Relief as Israel’s ‘Minor’ Iran Revenge Attacks Ease Tension

    0
    By Naija Daily News on October 26, 2024 World
    Share
    Facebook Twitter WhatsApp Reddit LinkedIn Copy Link

    Israel Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu heeded the United States of America’s appeal to restrict its retaliatory strike on Iran to military assets and not the country’s nuclear or oil facilities, as its Saturday attacks targeted military bases.

    The Israeli military said the strikes, which were concluded hours ago, were in retaliation for Iran’s ballistic missile barrages on Israel earlier this month and in April.

    Israel Defence Forces, IDF, spokesperson hinted at more severe and deadlier action if Iran struck back.

    But the Islamic country confirmed that Israel “attacked parts of military centres in the provinces of Tehran, Khuzestan and Ilam.”

    Iranian state news agency IRNA reports that “the attack has been successfully intercepted and countered” by Iran’s “integrated air defence system.”

    Iranian officials earlier said air defences were deployed “in several areas around Tehran and the country,” according to IRNA.

    Meanwhile, Israel warned Iran against further escalation, saying it “reserves the right to defend its citizens,” as fears rise that the long-running confrontation between the two powerful militaries could escalate into a wider regional war – potentially drawing in the United States.

    The Israeli military says it carried out Saturday’s air strikes on Iran based on intelligence, and its IAF aircraft struck missile manufacturing facilities used to produce the missiles that Iran fired at Israel in the last year.

    “Simultaneously, the IDF struck surface-to-air missile arrays and additional Iranian aerial capabilities, that were intended to restrict Israel’s aerial freedom of operation in Iran,” the statement adds.

    Israel says Iran’s attacks in April and October, as well as its support for its proxies in the region, “undermine regional stability and security, and the global economy”.

    World Leaders Weigh in, Call for Halt to Tit-for-Tat

    Do Not Retaliate – Biden, Starmer Tells Iran

    The US has urged Iran not to retaliate against the latest Israeli strikes against it.

    “If Iran chooses to respond once again, we will be ready, and there will be consequences for Iran once again,” a statement by senior administration officials said.

    See also  What Trump's 'Immigration and Border Security Orders' means for Nigerian, other migrants

    It added that the US did not want to see this happen.

    “This should be the end of this direct exchange of fire between Israel and Iran,” the statement went on, adding that Washington was prepared to “lead an effort to secure an end to the war in Lebanon” and try to achieve a ceasefire in Gaza, together with the return of hostages seized from Israel.

    Speaking at a press conference in Samoa, the British Prime Minister said: “I am clear that Israel has the right to defend itself against Iranian aggression and I am equally clear that we need to avoid further regional escalation and urge all sides to show restraint.

    “Iran should not respond. We will continue to work with allies to de-escalate the situation across the region.”

    Arab countries condemn Israeli strikes

    The United Arab Emirates (UAE) says it condemns Israel’s strikes on Iran and stresses the importance of “exercising utmost self-restraint and judgment to mitigate risks and prevent the expansion of the scale of conflict”.

    Saudi Arabia said Israel’s action is a violation of “international laws and norms”, and urged “all parties to exercise the utmost restraint and reduce escalation”.

    Qatar expresses its “strong condemnation” of the Israeli strikes, also describing it as a “clear breach” of international law and urging “all concerned parties to exercise restraint”.

    Egypt says it is deeply concerned with escalation in the Middle East, including the Israeli strikes on Iran, and condemns all measures that threaten regional security and stability.

    Iran: Entitled to Defend itself

    Iran’s foreign ministry says it “considers itself entitled and obligated to defend itself” after Israel hit military sites overnight in a wave of retaliatory strikes.

    “The Islamic Republic of Iran emphasizes the use of all the material and spiritual capabilities of the Iranian nation to defend its security and vital interests, as well as standing by its duties toward regional peace and security,” the statement said.

    Iran Israel USA
    Share. Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Email WhatsApp Copy Link
    Avatar of Naija Daily News
    Naija Daily News
    • Website
    • Facebook
    • X (Twitter)
    • LinkedIn

    Naija Daily News is a trusted digital news platform delivering breaking news, in-depth reporting, and timely updates from Nigeria and around the world across politics, business, entertainment, sports, technology, health, lifestyle, and current affairs.

    Related Articles

    August 19, 20263 Mins Read0

    Make the Vatican Great Again: Trump’s absurd, disrespectful Papal stunt

    August 19, 20262 Mins Read0

    World’s Oldest Person, Inah Canabarro Lucas, Dies at 116

    August 19, 20263 Mins Read0

    US places 124 Nigerians on deportation list over alleged criminal convictions

    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Poliitcs

    Osun Decides: The Morning After, Postmortem for APC

    August 19, 2026

    2027: Peter Obi alleges intimidation, says he may not be alive to contest

    August 19, 2026

    Peter Obi not a threat to Tinubu, says Umahi

    August 19, 2026

    Rivers budget delay sparks new constitutional crisis fears

    July 6, 2026
    Editorials

    Trump: From Convicted Felon to U.S. President-Elect

    August 6, 2026

    PENGASSAN crossed the line in Dangote dispute

    August 13, 2026

    Editorial: PENGASSAN crossed the line in Dangote dispute

    October 8, 2025

    Nigeria’s Push for STEM Education: Preparing the Next Generation for a Digital Future.

    August 6, 2026
    Popular Posts

    Nigeria Tax Act: No VAT on land, buildings, rent – Taiwo Oyedele

    August 17, 2026

    Exploring the Rise of Nigeria’s Creative Industry: Opportunities and Challenges.

    August 16, 2026

    Facebook, Instagram Deploy Face Technology to Fight Scams

    August 16, 2026

    Subscribe to News

    Subscribe to Naija Daily News and get trusted news, and the day's biggest stories delivered to your inbox.

    Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest WhatsApp TikTok Instagram

    Sections

    • Home
    • National
    • World
    • Politics
    • Crimes
    • Business
    • Metro

    More

    • Sports
    • Health
    • Technology
    • Africa
    • US News
    • Travel
    • Education

    About Us

    • Our Mission
    • Contact Us
    • Contact the Editors
    • Site Map
    • Do Not Sell Data
    • Newsletter
    • Privacy Policy

    Subscribe to Updates

    Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design, and business.

    © 2026 Naija Daily News. All Rights Reserved.
    • Privacy Policy
    • Accessibility

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.