Operatives of the Anti-Kidnapping Unit of the Ogun State Police Command have neutralised a suspected kidnapping kingpin during an intelligence-led operation at a criminal hideout within the Orile-Ilugun Forest axis along the Abeokuta–Ibadan Expressway.
The operation marks the second major breakthrough recorded by the Command in less than a week in its ongoing crackdown on kidnapping and violent crimes across the state.
The spokesperson for the Ogun State Police Command, DSP Oluseyi Babaseyi, disclosed the development in a statement issued to journalists on Tuesday.
According to Babaseyi, the operation also led to the recovery of an AK-47 rifle loaded with 20 rounds of 5.6mm ammunition, ₦2 million suspected to be ransom proceeds, and two mobile phones.
He explained that the operation followed the successful rescue and release of a kidnapping victim who was abducted on May 14, 2026, at Nufats Fuel Station along the Abeokuta–Ibadan Expressway in the Odeda area of Ogun State.
“The victim regained freedom unharmed on the 18th of May 2026 at about 8:30 p.m. after being released by the abductors,” the statement read.
Following the victim’s release, operatives of the Anti-Kidnapping Squad intensified intelligence-gathering efforts aimed at tracking down members of the criminal gang responsible for the abduction.
Babaseyi stated that acting on credible intelligence, operatives stormed the kidnappers’ hideout in the Orile-Ilugun Forest area at about 6:00 a.m. on May 19, 2026.
He said the suspects opened fire immediately they sighted the police team, leading to a fierce exchange of gunfire.
“The operatives responded with superior tactical firepower, leading to the neutralisation of the gang’s kingpin, while other members of the syndicate fled into the forest with varying degrees of gunshot injuries,” he said.
The police spokesperson added that the body of the neutralised suspect had been deposited at a morgue for autopsy in line with standard procedures, while efforts were ongoing to apprehend the fleeing gang members.
Reacting to the operation, the Commissioner of Police in Ogun State, CP Bode Ojajuni, commended the gallantry, professionalism, and resilience displayed by the operatives involved in the raid.
Ojajuni reiterated the Command’s commitment to combating kidnapping and other violent crimes in the state, assuring residents that security agencies would continue to intensify efforts to rid Ogun of criminal elements.
The police also urged members of the public to remain vigilant and promptly report suspicious movements and criminal activities through the Ogun State Police Command emergency lines.
The latest operation comes days after operatives of the Command neutralised two suspected kidnappers and arrested an alleged kidnapping kingpin, identified as Seriki Mohammed Abdullahi, alongside another suspect, Mohammed Bello, during a separate intelligence-led operation.
That earlier operation also led to the recovery of one AK-47 rifle loaded with 10 rounds of 5.6mm ammunition, a single-barrel gun, ₦1.5 million suspected to be ransom proceeds, several mobile phones, and a black bag.
Police said the earlier raid followed sustained investigations into the abduction of three persons kidnapped on May 11, 2026, in the Ipojo Area of Iperin, via Ijebu Ode.












